Announcements

Active listeners

It would be so cool if you could see how many people are listening to the same song as you at that current time, or how many people are listening to the same playlist.

Updated on 2020-12-15

Hey @Lyllith,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

You can also check out this microsite we have have, where you can watch in real time as fans around the world listen to the same track, at the same time.

We’ve made sure to transfer over all the votes gathered here to the original idea.

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Visitor

this sounds cool! spotify's minimalistic UI is nice though, maybe if you could enable/disable it?

Roadie

For that to truly work reliably, Spotify would need to solve the problem with the countless duplicates of a song that Spotify fails to understand and treat as duplicates. There is a suggestion for how to fix that here: [All Platforms][Your Library] Crowdsource the duplicate album and song problem

Edit: I unconditionally support adding this feature whether or not Spotify fixes the duplicate problem. In no way do I mean to imply differently by this comment.

Gig Goer

I think this would improve the social feels that Spotify is so badly lacking...

Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-12-15

Hey @Lyllith,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

You can also check out this microsite we have have, where you can watch in real time as fans around the world listen to the same track, at the same time.

We’ve made sure to transfer over all the votes gathered here to the original idea.

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!