Add Browser-style 'Back'/'Forward' Function for Mobile [iPhone]

I want to pluck the Browser-style Back/Forward buttons that are available on Desktop version and drop them smack somewhere into mobile version.

i.e. I want the ability to hop Back to the previous song played when it was on a previous playlist- not just back to previous song on current album or playlist- and by extension, the ability to hop Back to that previous playlist.

This modest improvement to functionality could be effected by:

1. Adding the ubiquitous left/right back/fwd triangle buttons to edges of current area containing REW |<< and >>| FFW
  2. Adding said buttons as a transparent overlay that appears somewhere on top of the album cover
  3. Adding Back/Forward functionality to the options that get called up in dark grey overlay that shows when small i button is activated

I prefer option 3. because it's least disruptive to current UI, the simplicity of which I really enjoy. If users howl for the function to be more front and center then someone on payroll can figure out a solution, I have no doubt.

Option 1. would have a crowding effect. One thing I love about Spotify mobile is the clean and simple feel of the design.

Option 2. would look clunky, and some users may regard that album cover area as inviolable.

'Back' is a great way to not lose track of songs and artists that I haven't yet starred or added to a playlist while I'm discovering new music on desktop version, or just handy for general navigation. Not having this functionality on mobile results in a few additional, frustrating clicks and swipes to go Back when I want to. (Changed my mind about Chief Keef playlist, let's go back to A Day to Remember!) This is exacerbated when playlists are mysteriously cloning themsleves at night like Gremlins.

So...

GIMME.

P.S. If somehow this in there already and I'm just too daft to have noticed it... stellar! Point me in that direction and I'll gladly pipe down.

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.