Add 'Key' Category to 'Sort Your Music' Web App

Knowing the 'Key' of a song is essential for DJs to mix harmonically.  It would be a useful and simple addition to the Sort Your Music web application using the Echo Nest track metadata.

Many times I'll make a playlist full of potential songs to put in a future mix.  I'll look through the songs, find the BPM and key using a free iPhone app for DJs, and store that information in a spreadsheet.  Then I'll go through that list to choose songs for the mix, and put them in an order that works (greatly considering BPM and key) before I purchase the songs.

Now I use the 'Sort Your Music' web app for BPM, which is great, but I still have to go through all the songs one by one to identify the key with the iPhone app.

Please implement this simple, powerful feature!

Updated: 2016-01-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

JonteL
Would be really valuable to have this feature implemented!
Coloraki
Im making spinning list for my classes and would love to see which bpm the songs have. It should be in the list just like the time, album etc.
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-01-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!