Add Shuffle Play Button to Desktop

Currently on the desktop version of Spotify you can only shuffle by selecting the "global" shuffle icon at the bottom right corner. You have to remember to turn it off when you want standard play at a later date/time. In the mobile version of the application, there is a green "Shuffle Play" button when you go into playlist or album. This is a temporary shuffle option, and if you go to play another playlist or album it will not shuffle unless you explicitly press the green button again. You also have the "global" shuffle option if required. 

My request is to implement a specific shuffle for playlists and albums as seen in the mobile application. You could add another button next to the green "Play" button when you open up a playlist or album, or be consistent with the mobile version and swap it for the shuffle button (it's pretty clear if you double click on track 1 it will play through). You could also add it as right-click menu option.

Thanks.

Gideon

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-09-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 9
Rock Star 9
Status changed to: New Idea

Hi, thanks for the post! To make this easier to find in search, I'm going to reword the title a bit to simply say "Add Shuffle Play Button to Desktop."

gidztar
Regular

No problem. Thanks.

gmathis
Regular

I separately kudo'ed and commented on the feature request to make "shuffle" a per-playlist setting.

Realizing based on this post that the "Shuffle Play" button on mobile is actually a temporary setting that doesn't affect global shuffle mode, I'd say this feature request is doubly useful in that it would not only add this useful feature from mobile, but also solve half the problem of my use case for per-playlist shuffle by not screwing up album play when I shuffle a playlist in the desktop app.

Give this post some love!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-09-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!