Announcements

Add a comment button

Dear Spotify

For each song/album/artist add a comment button. Everybody from all over the world can apply information, remarks, suggestions (for other songs/version), or whatever they like.

I personally would use it a lot for for information about a song: for example who did write it originally, to find out whether it is really the original track, or just some interesting facts. But most of all it is fun to see if somebody else in the world gets also very excited from  that beautiful delayed note from Pink Floyd - Dark side of the Moon at 5:44. I think there are a lot of possibilities.

thank you,

Updated: 2015-11-17

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Allow-Comments-on-Tracks-Albums/idi-p/1295893

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
mdewater
Could be great, although it could very quickly turn into YouTube-type comments. As in, stupid/hateful/inappropriate crap. But, could be great.
kbrooksc

Yes, I agree, this would be awesome, but it would put a lot of work on the moderators to make sure that everything is clean and safe for the community.

Marco
Status changed to: New Idea

infestedchris

I like this idea. I can comment on the artist I like and guide people to what songs are great, if I did not agree with the most popular song tracks.

Make it so it's only music related, and just ban the trolls leaving hate. Make it so only premium users can vote, that way it's not super flooded.

tibtibby

totally agree with that !

Deezer has this feature for artists and albums and from what i've seen the comments always turn around music (maybe they have a big mod team though).

In my opinion it is the main thing that misses to spotify when compared to competition.

Nazgul18

Great idea! Go for it Spotify!

@Fedde wrote:

Dear Spotify

For each song/album/artist add a comment button. Everybody from all over the world can apply information, remarks, suggestions (for other songs/version), or whatever they like.

I personally would use it a lot for for information about a song: for example who did write it originally, to find out whether it is really the original track, or just some interesting facts. But most of all it is fun to see if somebody else in the world gets also very excited from  that beautiful delayed note from Pink Floyd - Dark side of the Moon at 5:44. I think there are a lot of possibilities.

thank you,

hans-jürgen

You might also consider to visit the Last.fm shoutbox for the artist, album or track in the meantime which has a large userbase commenting on these things. If you have installed the Last.fm for Spotify app in the Spotify desktop software, you can at least click on the Last.fm artist profile for the currently playing song in the Now Playing tab of the app. Bad news is that Spotify plans to abandon all old apps in a new version of the desktop software:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Keep-the-old-app-API-in-the-desktop-software-for-exist...

AdamQ96

I would love this so that I can comment on songs/albums/artists individually then allowing everyone to share their opinion on the music. This feature shouldn't be limited to only playlists, however it would still be an amazing feature to use in my subscribed playlists!

I listen to ASOT radio show by Armin Van Buuren, and it would be great if the listeners could interact with Armin through spotify to be able to give feedback on the tracks featured, and maybe incorporate a like button too- (Only for playlists) which would be great for the 'Future Favorite'. Yeah. Definatley something which should be added.

The only thing is, I don't want to have to comment using Facebook. Yes we should be allowed to post on Facebook, but only by user preference. I don't want to be annoying my friends with all the discussions i'm having about songs... 😛

bbhill1911

A comment feature would be great! If we were able to comment on individual songs that are being streamed on the side by people we follow. It would add to the experience. We could make suggestion to other users such as a similar song to check out, or even just a simple complement. 

Ochentaisiete

I agree with this, however there will be trolls saying they don't like "X" song for "Y" reason.