Add filter and a list view to the 'your music' section! (make the library even more functional)

I think the new library system ('your music') is a great step foreward when it comes to organising music.

But in terms of usability it is still lightyears behind non-streaming media players like Winamp, iTunes, WMP... If you just want click around and listen to music without really knowing what to hear, Spotify still can be a real pain in the ass. Especially on the desktop version...

When I go to my library ('your music') and look at the page of all my artist or albums, I can see only 8 complete ablums/artists at once. 12 when I also count the half abums/artists... I have about 130 Artists/ 300 albums in my library. Being only able to see 8 albums/artists at once, this amount of music is really hard to handle with such an interface. An optional list view would make things a lot easier.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-19 um 12.10.55.png

Additionally the songs view is still just confusing and kind of chaotic. I have about 3500 songs in my library. When I want to look for a bunch of artists/albums (not only one) it is hard to find anything. It is just a really confusing and endless list of songs. You can't just click around and just listen to music without knowing what you want to hear. There isn't even an optical seperation beetween different artists and albums...

It would be way more useful, if there weren't seperate views for artists, albums and songs, but a combination of them. Or if there were just an integration of album and artist filter in the song list (not just a search function). It would be awesome if there was a possibility to split the Screen when you're in the song library an show a list with Artists, Album the list of songs. Like we all know it from from any other music player (Winamp, iTunes, WMP...). So you could click on an artist or mark a bunch of artists and all titles, albums and genres that aren't related to these artists disappear. Just like predefined filters for all the artists and albums in the library.

By that it would be much easier to search to search for music in your library without knowing exactly what you are searching for.

Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-22 um 10.03.06.png

Hello!

First of all, thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately this idea here contains more than 1 request and/or general feedback which makes it impossible for the Spotify staff to manage the received kudos / give it a proper ideas status. The ideas exchange is here to request a single feature per topic that people can vote on via kudos. If you want to start a general discussion, that's cool! But then please create a topic in the respective help section for that. ;)

Also, please have a read at the ideas submission guidelines on what to consider when posting an idea. The most important things are to post only 1 idea per topic and to use the SEARCH function, since most ideas are already out there in the ideas forum.

You might want to check out some popular idea examples of the new "Your Music" feature and the new dark UI.

More information and a place for feedback about those 2 new aspects of Spotify can be found here. ;)

Your Music:

- Bringing Back Starred Playlist System

- Bring back the library

- Ability to make Your Music offline

- many more using the Search function

New Black UI:

- Add an option to switch to the old UI

- Less Space between Lines

- Zoom options to change the size of all elements

- again, more to find via search

Thanks again!

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
blau
Regular

I also don't like the tiles like view of artist/albums because it's much easier to look for something if the information is just ordered in one direction. The informations of tiles that are spatially distributed over lines and columns are much harder to skim.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hello!

First of all, thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately this idea here contains more than 1 request and/or general feedback which makes it impossible for the Spotify staff to manage the received kudos / give it a proper ideas status. The ideas exchange is here to request a single feature per topic that people can vote on via kudos. If you want to start a general discussion, that's cool! But then please create a topic in the respective help section for that. ;)

Also, please have a read at the ideas submission guidelines on what to consider when posting an idea. The most important things are to post only 1 idea per topic and to use the SEARCH function, since most ideas are already out there in the ideas forum.

You might want to check out some popular idea examples of the new "Your Music" feature and the new dark UI.

More information and a place for feedback about those 2 new aspects of Spotify can be found here. ;)

Your Music:

- Bringing Back Starred Playlist System

- Bring back the library

- Ability to make Your Music offline

- many more using the Search function

New Black UI:

- Add an option to switch to the old UI

- Less Space between Lines

- Zoom options to change the size of all elements

- again, more to find via search

Thanks again!