Add queue as temporary playlist

I have seen it has been some discussion around the Queue function. I have a suggestion to improve this function as I like the concept but would have loved it if it was implemented a bit better:

What about implementing the queue as a temporary playlist at the top of the list of playlist, named by some predefined text and date (ex "Queue 04.09.13"). The temporary list should be generated as soon a track was marked with the Queue-function. 

By this you should be able to "mess around" with the tracks added to the queue, reorder, delete and whatever. When exiting the application you should be presented the question  to rename and save it. If no, just delete it. If yes (or a platform doesn't give this opportunity), save the playlist. If a playlist seems not that interesting the following day, you just have to delete it.

The Queue function should also preferably be highlighted as a button in the track list to be even more accessible.

I have seen Spotify been used in numerous parties, with some people adding to queue music that could kill any party and therefore should be removed by someone with better taste. The suggested functionality should avoid some of this, and it could be funny to have a look at what kind of annoying music you provided your neighbors on your homeparty the last night ;)

Thanks for a great service. 

Edit: 2016-01-13 This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-11-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

KStokes
Music Fan

I like to make very long playlists which I will listen to on shuffle over the course of a few days. Unfortunately, when I do this with Spotify, the play queue will reset whenever I use another app on my phone or if my phone turns off or sometimes if I just pause the music and come back a bit later. 

Would it be possible to save entire playlists (regardless of song count) as a play queue on the phone until another playlist is started?

Thanks guys, keep up the good work!!

Starwynd

I like using the queue because it's faster than making a playlist, plus sometimes I just want to listen to a few things in a row but probably wouldn't go back to listen to that combination again, so it's a waste of time (plus extra taps) to create a new playlist every time.  The problem is when I add songs to the queue, pause, go to another app, or if Spotify crashes, the queue is wiped out.  

I'd like for it to stay put, so having it exist as a temporary playlist would be perfect for those situations.  It would also allow me to make up a queue, pause it on one device, and pick it up on another.  As it plays each song, the song is removed from the queue until it's empty or manually updated/deleted.

nfstw

I would like to be able to save my queue as a playlist. MAKE IT HAPPEN kthxbai

@Gunnerk wrote:

I have seen it has been some discussion around the Queue function. I have a suggestion to improve this function as I like the concept but would have loved it if it was implemented a bit better:

What about implementing the queue as a temporary playlist at the top of the list of playlist, named by some predefined text and date (ex "Queue 04.09.13"). The temporary list should be generated as soon a track was marked with the Queue-function. 

By this you should be able to "mess around" with the tracks added to the queue, reorder, delete and whatever. When exiting the application you should be presented the question  to rename and save it. If no, just delete it. If yes (or a platform doesn't give this opportunity), save the playlist. If a playlist seems not that interesting the following day, you just have to delete it.

The Queue function should also preferably be highlighted as a button in the track list to be even more accessible.

I have seen Spotify been used in numerous parties, with some people adding to queue music that could kill any party and therefore should be removed by someone with better taste. The suggested functionality should avoid some of this, and it could be funny to have a look at what kind of annoying music you provided your neighbors on your homeparty the last night ;)

Thanks for a great service. 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: 2016-01-13 This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-11-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!