Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Add the function of a "newsfeed/guestbook" to (big) playlists

Hey

I haven't seen an idea about this so I'll go ahead and write it down to see if its just me that would like this. I've been thinking about an idea for Spotify, I have a pretty big playlist that has about 1000 songs with 1000+ subscribers. And I bet that there is a lot of ideas of songs that could fit into this to make it better among the subscribers. There are probably also general opinions about the content in the list.

My idea is to make a "newsfeed/guestbook" for the playlist an available choice for the "playlist-author". This could be some sort of drop down menu that isn't always visible. That way it wouldn't "disturb" the typical spotify look but still be another useful function.

So this is just something for you to get an understanding for what i mean:

spotify_idea_button_small.jpg

spotify_idea_button_expand.jpg

This could make it even easier to share music and explore new music, I think that is one of the great things about Spotify, that you explore so much new music and talented artists. Why not make it even easier to share that with people that have the same taste in music (that subscribes to the same playlist/playlists).

What do you think?

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/What-s-the-point-of-having-public-playlists-and-follo...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend

I think that's a nice idea!

Comments for collaborative playlists have been turned down though.

But hope your newsfeed idea will make it! 😉

Roadie

While I think this would be a great addition welcomed by many including myself, it does open up the potential for Spotify playlists to become yet another online forum for trolls and spam. As it stands right now the almost complete inability to communicate with others through Spotify (aside from sending tracks) prevents the potential for misuse.

I would imagine also that there would be a fear within Spotify and the music industry that open comments may also become a vehicle for the distribution of pirated material.

I'm not wishing to be negative, honestly, but I can understand why there may be reluctance to implement an idea like this.

Casual Listener

I can understand that, but I think that spam and such could easily be confronted with the ability for author of the playlist to block certain people from posting in the guestbook. Make the author more of an admin of the playlist.

Community Legend

I think this newsfeed idea is really good:

I know of a guy which puts up really good music on his playlist, and I want to give him kudos for it, ask him to add new tracks from Band xxyy and well leave a comment to ask him to put the playlist as collaborative as well as interact with other subscribers of the playlist.

Check 8tracks.com and listen to one of the their really popular playlist to get what I'm trying to say.

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/What-s-the-point-of-having-public-playlists-and-follo...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!