Adding Notes to Songs

One thing that I think could really make Spotify better is a way to add notes or a user description of sorts to songs once they're added to a playlist.  For example, I created a playlist called Trailer Tracks that has a number of songs featured in popular movie trailers.  However, there is no way for me to tag each song with the trailer it was featured in. 

A way of doing this, or allowing the admin of the playlist to add a description of why a certain song was added or what it means to them could really add a new twist on Spotify and take music sharing to a whole new level.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
krauster
Regular

Adding comments to each or any track in a playlist would be really cool. Maybe even have the comments pop up in a floating sizable box.   

I would use this all the time.    Spotify, this is a very good idea and could differentiate you from the other services.  Although it is such a good idea I'd be surprised it isn't being built into other competitive services, as this is being written.   I look forward to someone doing it.  google?

travinator

I'm a yoga teacher with a nerdy obsession with tempos, feelings, and all things that I can't figure out without copious notes or listening to the song every time.  Would love to have notes to describe songs to make creating classes MUCH more efficient :)

LuminousCopper
Casual Listener

Spotify is such a great music exploration tool, but it also means I can go through a lot of new artists quickly.  Being able to jot down notes on artists, albums, and songs would go a long way in helping one track impressions, the mood of the music, etc...

Allofrancis

Writing personal notes would also be very useful for classical music. Very often classical music album or songs give the name of the interpreter but not the name of composer or vice versa, or the piece of music reference is not complete.

So I happened to have selected albums which, on Spotify,  do not give the name of the composer so I had to visit competitors'sites to get the information. I would not like to repeeat this process whenever I forget the missing information. 

huskar

This would be very useful for remembering why you once added this specific song to a playlist.

Or from where you know that song.

e.g. if you saw a movie and added the soundtrack to a playlist u could write down from which movie this song is.

baileyswalk

Personally I would like this feature available for Albums in "Your Music" - Often I'll add an album and want to write a brief reminder for later. E.G. Great guitar riffs, give this a listen next time your out for a run.

Defrag

The ability to read, modify, and delete notes for every song would definately make a great addition to spotify. I am an indoor cycling instructor so i rely on cues of the music to determine how the class is going to go. The ability to have notes for every song will definately make my job much easier to perform. I hope this comes into fruition!!!

SharkDance

It's really important to have notes for that mix tape for a special someone <3

bookie

I like to write.

Music inspires me.

So, please allow to add notes to tracks!

keboom
Casual Listener

I'm a dancer, and I would like to have the BPM of each song's name to help me to choose songs during my trainings.