Adding Notes to Songs

One thing that I think could really make Spotify better is a way to add notes or a user description of sorts to songs once they're added to a playlist.  For example, I created a playlist called Trailer Tracks that has a number of songs featured in popular movie trailers.  However, there is no way for me to tag each song with the trailer it was featured in. 

A way of doing this, or allowing the admin of the playlist to add a description of why a certain song was added or what it means to them could really add a new twist on Spotify and take music sharing to a whole new level.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Mattyc28
Yeh for sure...nice to hear from you Mazaliya. Where are you from and what do you do? You’ve got sic taste in music
PTL_RBC
Regular

OMGEE y'all take it offline plz.

Mattyc28
Whatever trevor
ILoveD7
Casual Listener
*snip* ... go at it
wormhats

Idk what any of yall are talking about right now but @spotify please implement this feature, ease my misery

steffyv
Music is great! I like this!
timothyh

This would be a great feature for artists to study their influences

mebaz

This is a great idea! I'm currently working on a biographical compilation of some of Mozart's pieces. It'd be great to be able to add notes to each piece as to why it's in the compilation. For example, String Quartet No. 15 in D Minor, K. 421: II. Andante was written while his wife was giving birth to their first son. It'd be great to to be able to add notes about how the music reflects that moment in his life.

I also like creating compilations of music I think a fictional character would like, and it'd be great to be able to tag the songs with fictional notes.

Love Spotify, by the way. Happy it exists.  :)

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!