Adding your own music to spotify library

I mainly use spotify for listening to my music however I know there are some tracks that are not avaiable on spotify. A great feature I thought would be able to upload your own music to your own personal spotify library or playlist. 

As @Amarro noted, you can add 'Local Files' through your desktop client and can sync them to mobile devices for offline access. As far as adding your local files to Spotify servers, this idea has been marked 'Not Right Now' here.

0 Likes
Comments
Amarro
Community Legend

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

this is actually avaible. you just need to drop your mp3 files into the "local files" on your desktop and then you need to start up your spotify on your mobile device (if you have premium). It should sync then automatically 🙂

does this work for you? it does for me... if not please answer so i'll explain furthermore or continue my research 😉

blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

As @Amarro noted, you can add 'Local Files' through your desktop client and can sync them to mobile devices for offline access. As far as adding your local files to Spotify servers, this idea has been marked 'Not Right Now' here.

Related Ideas