[Ads] Better Variety of Commercials

This drives me crazy.

Adds for stations I dont' care about, or the same product over and over.

I start to hate it after hearing it over and over and over. It would be the number 1 reason I would stop using spotify right now.

If the ad is seomthing I want, then maybe I'll go get whatever it's selling. If I don't like what it's selling then aren't you just wasting add time on me? 

Give me variety please !

Updated: 2016-05-07

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
penisshlongdick

This is still very much a hairy issue. Please fix it.

PX54
Regular

Are Spotify just trying to annoy users into going Premium?  I'm constantly getting poorly made ads, video ads (even though my player is minimsed), and repeating ads (back to back, with nothing between).

There should be some way to up/down vote ads so that you can build content of what you like (obviously if you only downvote all ads then you'll just keep getting all ads).  The repetetive thing is the most annoying, at this rate i'm never going to want to watch The Jungle Book just because of how annoying the ad is getting, hearing it 2 or 3 times on the run with no mosic or other ads in between.

If anything this method is putting me off more of the products that advertise on Spotify than making me want to check them out.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-05-07

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!