[Ads] Promote Your Playlists: Pay to Advertise Playlists

As we all know playlisting is the foundation of the Spotify brand and without doubt one of the major reasons for the company's success. This in turn has given birth to a vast army of playlist makers who spend a lot of time pubishing their creations and sharing them with the Spotify community.

At this juncture there are limited ways to get your playlists heard by a wider audience but hopefully that will change with this idea.

I would like to see the option for the user to be able to start and Ad campaign where they would choose a budget to target users on the free/premium service with similar tastes to the playlist being promoted. This could be in the form of the playlist appearing in their browse page or a soundbite when they are listening to music on the free service. Cost would be based on the number of users that would be targeted with a fixed price depending on numbers. For example:

100 users = $1

1000 users =$10

Advertising credits could also be made available as a rock star prize.

Spotify encourages users to create playlists but do nothing in terms of helping them promote them. This idea would give Spotify an additional revenue stream whilst at the same time help the user build their presence and following.

Updated on 2017-06-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-06-28

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search.

virtuaxe
Roadie

What's the purpose of getting your playlist out there???  They just removed the follower count inside the playlist on desktop... They don't pay you anything for your playlists so why bother.  Heck, they are slowly dropping the social aspect, I'm seriously looking into other services. 

Gidyin
Community Legend

@virtuaxe I agree that Spotify seems to be going backwards just now in terms of social newtorking. However for the serious playlisters out there who are trying to get their work out to as large an audience as possible there are limited avenues to where they can do this. I don't expect this idea will be considered or implimented but just wanted to put my thoughts out there!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-06-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!