Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

[Ads] Video Ads for slow Connection

I don't really mind all the ads, Spotify is mostly used as a free service and they got to make money from somewhere, I can understand that. The only real problem that hinders me from the music streaming are the video ads. I don't have the best connection. Most of the time for my household, the connection speed is way below par. It is good enough to stream audio files, so music and auditory ads are fine.

But when a video ads wants to start streaming, my connection speed cannot handle it. An ad that is about 30 seconds, might take up to 3 minutes of a stuttering video. It isn't very pleasant. I'm not saying it is necessesary to get rid of them, but to at least have saved versions of the ads on my computer so whenever they do play, it isn't being a parasite on my connection and stutter every half a second upon playing.

Updated on 2017-06-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-07-02

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same. I don't have any problems with connection until a video ad comes up. Takes about 5 minutes for a 30 seconds ad.

Casual Listener

OK I think you understand the problem. You know its not working. Now act. Stop these videos already.  

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-06-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!