[Advertisement] Choose Ads by Category

I'd like to see more somewhat targeted or categorized ads in Spotify Free rather than the same ones that keep playing constantly.
For those that can't or won't get Spotify Premium the same ads can really break the flow while you're listening.
There should be an ad setting where you can choose advertisement by target group / category / type.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-08-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-08-20

Marked as new idea and edited it to let it focus on 1 request.
A similar idea for targeted ads by music taste has also been suggested here.

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

I would like this too.  I am an alcoholic in recovery and it can be annoying at times to hear booze being poured over ice!  It would be great to inform the advertisers that I am not going to buy this stuff.

@QicCa wrote:

I'd like to see more somewhat targeted or categorized ads in Spotify Free rather than the same ones that keep playing constantly.
For those that can't or won't get Spotify Premium the same ads can really break the flow while you're listening.
There should be an ad setting where you can choose advertisement by target group / category / type.

sah1

Yes, please do this! The "can't find the right words" ad, which repeats every 15 min, is driving me nuts—and driving me away from Spotify. I have also been given ads for music that I would never, ever listen to and even find abrasive.

I don't use Spotify enough to justify paying for the subscription, and I don't really mind the ads in general. It's just that there are certain ones that detract significantly from my experience, and I would like to have the option to choose others.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-08-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!