Album cover view for library...

There is a great album art cover view when looking at a mobile device connected to Spotify (see screenshot) it would be great if Spotify client could offer this view in normal library and playlist browse mode - great way to remember stuff you have in your library! Album art cover view for library

2014-04-04

Hey guys, We’re going to mark this Ideas as “Case closed”.

That’s because this week we introduced “Your Music”. Now you can save, organize and browse your favorite music. All in one place, across all platforms.

With "Your Music" you will be be able to view all the album covers for all your favorite albums. We've marked this idea as closed simply because it references your previous "Library".

For a glimpse of “Your Music” and our new design changes click here. These changes have rolled out to iPhone, desktop and web users this week, and will soon be available across all platforms.

Related Ideas

Comments
Rocio
Spotify Legend

Hello! me again ;)

I just merged a new idea to this one, since it was requesting the: "Album cover view". 

I have added the kuddos as well, this idea is getting really big now!

I will keep you posted.

Thanks

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi, our free Spotify web app SpotiOrg does this very thing. There are also extra features allowing you to organise your albums by Most Recent, Most Played as well as A-Z. Clicking an album cover opens the album in Spotify, or you can use the embedded widget to play it on the site.

Have a look and see what you think. It's free to register.

spotiorg.JPG

Rocio
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello folks, sorry for the delay on updating this idea. Sometimes it takes time to come up with news, I hope you can all understand.

We also love this idea..I marked it as "Under consideration" since we have passed it along and our Design Team is considering it and evaluating how this could be displayed. So we will get back to you as soon as we get updates on this matter.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and contribution, with it you make this product better. ;)

Rune

Please also add cover view for smartphone and iPad app. Long playlists with just text are to difficult to navigate. Pictures are more intuitive.

Mattn

I miss having a shelf with all my albums on it.  I would often have the ones I am currently listning to out on my coffee table but I would be able to see my whole collection when ever i walked into the room.

I would love to be able have a section on spotify where I have 'my record collection'.  A selection of albums that I can have all in once place, with a very visual display - big album covers that I can spin aound and see the track listing.  Also to be albe to have 5 or so 'current' albums - things that i have pulled out of my collection that I am listning to.

This would NOT be the same as 'Library' on spotify which has too much music.  It would be a curated by me slection of albums (50, 100, 200, 1000 whatever.) that could be sorted as you choose.

• I would be great to be able to browse firends collections and see what they have.
  • Beaing able to share my collection across facebook would be good.
  • Having a 'my record collection' radio would be nice.

That is all. 

vibranttoaster
Casual Listener

I agree this feature should be added, but don't push for it to be too much like iTunes, that's what a lot of people using Spotify are trying to get away from...

mindintransit
This is my single biggest request for Spotify. Often I stare at the search box thinking "what the hell do I want to listen to?" only to draw a blank and pick something from the "top" charts. After doing a week trial with Rdio, their "Collection" feature which works almost exactly as the OP describes was enough to make me seriously consider switching were it not for some if my favourite bands being absent from their catalogue.
swelb

I use both Rdio and Spotify and the thing I like about Rdio and miss about Spotify is that on Rdio you can have a "Collection". If for example you dont want to forget some tune you just listened to, you dont necessarily need to add it to a playlist but you just click "add to collection". I like some of my music in playlists but having all your music collection gathered just in playlists just doesnt work very well. It also looks really good to see all your collection album arts in one place: 

Skärmavbild 2012-10-16 kl. 00.27.38.png

drumkey
Music Fan

I totally agree. I have switched back and forth between Spotify and Rdio and I too like this feature in Rdio. Having so many playlists becomes a cumbersome way to navigate through your collection. Let me just say that Spotify beats Rdio hands down in my book. It's much faster, has a cleaner looking player and album artwork, it has all of the music I like, and all of my friends use it. I have recommended Spotify to several friends who have all joined and love it as well. However, the one feature that they all seem to be missing in order for this to take over as their default music app is the collection feature. Please consider adding this to your app. I have seen so many requests for it. This would make Spotify the definitive powerhouse of streaming music. By the way, I heard you will be adding a way to connect to Spotify through the web. That is awesome. I cannot wait. Thanks for all of your hard work!!

krikelin
Community Legend

I was working on a hackish spotify app that would do this but there is no chance I get that app and idea approved since they want more apps 'that brings an unique experience to Spotify'.