Album cover view for library...

There is a great album art cover view when looking at a mobile device connected to Spotify (see screenshot) it would be great if Spotify client could offer this view in normal library and playlist browse mode - great way to remember stuff you have in your library! Album art cover view for library

2014-04-04

Hey guys, We’re going to mark this Ideas as “Case closed”.

That’s because this week we introduced “Your Music”. Now you can save, organize and browse your favorite music. All in one place, across all platforms.

With "Your Music" you will be be able to view all the album covers for all your favorite albums. We've marked this idea as closed simply because it references your previous "Library".

For a glimpse of “Your Music” and our new design changes click here. These changes have rolled out to iPhone, desktop and web users this week, and will soon be available across all platforms.

Related Ideas

Comments
lamina9
Regular

This should apply not only to the library but also playlists as well.

Starfighter

This is my number one gripe with Spotify as my main player. It's just way too list based. Album view (which of course, as many others have pointed out, also should apply to playlists) is almost a must for me nowadays.

secretwings
Casual Listener

I now have so many tracks in some playlists that this is becoming essential for me. Finding the album I want from thousands of tracks in a playlist is very hard without any kind of visual representation. You could really learn a few things from iTunes in this regard!

urahara8
Regular

Dear Spotify, please look at MusicBee at http://getmusicbee.com/

It is wonderfully done. I want to have something like this in Spotify. (filter library by some group, e.g. playlist or genre and then see all albums (as album grid) in this group)

-W-

Make album art more fundamental to Spotify!

xmrsmile

It will be great to have this same view in the iPhone app !!

wgardner
Regular

Google Music All Access have just done this brilliantly with 'My Library'.  In fact, the whole service is really good, and I'm considering moving.

Daniele_Perotti

I agree. Should apply to albums and playlist.

For me at the moment is the only must have, together with the spotify connect feature.

lldata

I never listen to "songs" - I listen to Albums and/or Artists

Just make me star albums and artists.

Then under Collection have a "Stared songs, stared albums, stared artists"

And thanks for having a Linux version. If it wasn't for that I'd stick with Wimp which is much more "album friendly".

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Case Closed

2014-04-04

Hey guys, We’re going to mark this Ideas as “Case closed”.

That’s because this week we introduced “Your Music”. Now you can save, organize and browse your favorite music. All in one place, across all platforms.

With "Your Music" you will be be able to view all the album covers for all your favorite albums. We've marked this idea as closed simply because it references your previous "Library".

For a glimpse of “Your Music” and our new design changes click here. These changes have rolled out to iPhone, desktop and web users this week, and will soon be available across all platforms.