Announcements

[All Platforms] Add a remove recommended playlist/album/artist option for home screen

I’m really tired of getting recommendations from spotify which absoultely do not align with my interests. I regularly get the section ‘The state of music today’ which is filled with a bunch of rap, hip hop, pop, etc., I don’t ever listen to this kind of music, just not my cup of tea, so it’s unclear why spotify wants me to listen to it so bad. It’s an eyesore in an otherwise pretty good list of recommendations.

Today when loading up spotify today I was greeted with a bunch of political**bleep**. i can’t stand politics and there is no current way to disable it. I listen to music to escape from reality but with this trash at the top of my home page there is no getting away from it.

I listen primarily power metal, video game and movie soundtracks, and folk music, there is no reason for me to have recommendations like this and I want them to go away.

55EBBD0E-126C-484F-9692-554DAD457E3C.png

Updated on 2020-06-05

Hey @SirTeddyIII 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Browse-Customize-start-screen/idi-p/452818...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Casual Listener

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have "recommendations" and "recently played" entries within my Windows 10 app that I haven't accessed ever or listened to in quite a long time, yet there they are...as though I was listening yesterday. Additionally, I use Spotify on Android 10 (native and via Android Auto), web and Roku -- other than my "made for" list, none of them seem to know what the other is doing. Heck, in Android Auto, my "heavy rotation" has 3 entries, 1 of which is accurate. I don't listen to country or meditation. This cannot be normal...I'm me, regardless of where it is I listen from, why doesn't this information follow me? What's the point in paying for a subscription if this stuff doesn't work properly (like AMZ Prime, Netflix and Hulu)?

I could not agree more!

Music Fan

I second this. Spotify should be non-political. I don't want to support leftist actions like these Black shitholes (don't) matter through a music service.

I agree.  Would be nice if the user was able to remove political viewpoints that Spotify is trying to foist on us.  Every time I open my Spotify app I am greeted with the violent leftist Black Lives Matter tribute.  

Casual Listener

While I appreciate the likes and follow-on comments, I don't condone anyone's use of hate speak towards people, regardless of what one thinks of him/her/them. My post IS NOT about people, race, nationality, political/religious views or who's lives matter. My posit IS about Spotify -- a service that I pay for -- with questionable intentions using flawed/misguided curation technology.  My post IS about getting what I pay for -- a service that provides me with the results I expect. If not, I'll gladly take my money elsewhere and/or stop paying for something that doesn't give me the satisfaction I desire.

Incidentally, another shot at Spotify...in my original post, I included other "services" I subscribe to, one of which spelled out AMZ Prime (full and proper), but when I clicked POST YOUR COMMENT, the form errored out with some ridiculousness (paraphrasing) "sorry, you can't include <this> in your post". SMH. Competition censorship, really?

Visitor

Talking with your money might be the solution, plenty of alternatives out there..just trying not to jump to any conclusions right now

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-06-05

Hey @SirTeddyIII 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Browse-Customize-start-screen/idi-p/452818...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂