Playlists that are based on a specific mood / vibe / setting / topic / instrument / etc, are pretty common, but what if you heard a new song that fits into multiple playlists, and you want to add it to all of them? You'd have to do it manually, one by one. This can get tedious very fast when you have many playlists for different occasions.
What I'm suggesting is the ability to add tags (that are only visible to the tagger, unless shared) to songs, and create playlists that would automatically be updated with songs that are tagged with a specific tag, or a specific set of tags, or at least one of several sets of tags.
To demonstrate, here's a toy example for a few playlists that could utilize this feature:
1. 80s pop - includes any song tagged with both "80s" and "pop"
2. 90s pop - includes any song tagged with both "90s" and "pop"
3. 90s rock - includes any song tagged with both "90s" and "rock"
4. 90s favorites - includes any song tagged with "90s"
5. fun songs - includes any song tagged with "fun"
6. Instrumental mellow rock - includes any song tagged with all three: "instrumental", "rock", "mellow"
7. Acoustic strings - includes any song tagged with "acoustic" and at least one of the following: "guitar", "violin", "cello", "ukulele"
8. Birthday party mix - songs tagged with "my all time favorites" and "fun" and "pop"
Now whenever I tag a song with "90s", it would be added to the "90s favorites" playlist automatically. Then if I tag it "rock", it would also be added to "90s rock".
I could go on with the examples, but hopefully the idea is clear by now.
Updated on 2019-07-23
A similar idea has also been suggested here:
Regardless of status, please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.
For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)