[All Platforms] Add "Already heard it" button on Discover Weekly

spotsuggestion.jpg

I have many times when using the "Your Discover Weekly" been suggested songs that i have allready heard many times before, often in my own playlists or previous Discover Weekly. Although I liked the song before and i still like the genre, i do not want to listen to that particular song again. The problem is that when i press "not interested" in the thumbs-up-down system it tells me "ok we wont play this song OR SONGS LIKE IT AGAIN"

I want more songs "like this" but i do not want this particullar song since ive heard it enough. There is no such option and it's a shame, i really enjoy using the Weekly list to find new music but it's not fun to have to skip every 4th song before ive listened to it to death.

Thank you for reading my suggestion!

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-05-01

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Toeuptony

I wish I had access to 1000 accounts to be able to vote this change up to the top of the list.

I really like Discover Weekly and have found many artists and tracks through it, but the amount of times that the same song has appeared in my list is unreal. Why doesn't the algorithm know that that song has been included previously, sometimes multiple times before. Why doesn't it just choose a different song by the same artist? Some weeks it seems that every other track on my Discover Weekly has been included previously.

Why doesn't the system allow for THAT SPECIFIC SONG to be excluded from from subsequent lists, rather than all songs by that artist or all songs that sound like that song. I happen to like that song and would like similar songs to be included in subsequent weeks, but is just seems like such an elementary feature gap to have it behave in the way it currently does.

I know that this suggestion doesn't have many votes, but it would mean a lot to this long time subscriber to get this issue resolved asap.

Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.