[All Platforms]Annoying new update, can no longer remove songs from albums, previous library ruined

Hello Spotify, very annoyed with your new update. I spent years trimming down albums, removing songs I didn't like so I could play the album just as I liked. With your new update, all removed songs have been added back to the albums, now instead I have to go searching through a huge playlist to attempt to play the album as I originally setup. Very annoying and find the whole update and new system has ruined the app. So much so I'm currently looking at other options.  Can you return the original options, or let me know how I can restore the previous version so I can listen back as I spent years setting up. Not good at all!!!

Updated on 2019-07-25

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Option-to-remove-individual-songs-from-save...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Related Ideas

Comments
WriterDreamer
Regular

I too am extremely frustrated by this. It used to be that if I clicked on My Library > Albums, then clicked on an album, it would show me only the songs I saved from that album. Previously I could go from my album view to "Full album view" via a link near the album title. Now it shows all the songs, with the ones I've saved "liked" and the ones I didn't save shown with an empty heart. I have hundreds (if not thousands) of albums in my library; I use album view way more than playlists, and having to make a playlist for each album is not an acceptable alternative.

Please either restore the Album view for my library (ideal) or make "liked songs" be sortable by album cover view (another suggestion here in the community). Frankly, the library should just be one place, which I can then group by album, artist (then by album or song), or song. That's how it works in all the other music apps I've used (including old-school stuff like Rhapsody, Zune, etc.).

Cullumb
Visitor

At the very least i would appreciate the ability to trim them down again, or to have a more user friendly 'liked playlist'. I am used to using the icons as quick way of finding an artist, now there is no icon and ordering the playlist according to artists results in a long dense list that is annoying to navigate. To be frank this all feels very intentional, as though making the interface difficult to use will side track the customer and have them go down a rabbit hole of suggested songs and artists, like youtube essentially. The reason this is dumb is that your customers went premium for the very reason that they wanted a user friendly interface that allowed them to organise their own experience, via trimming down albums. Having to like artists is annoying but i can deal with it, having my own liked songs made difficult to access after hours of careful selection is a deal breaker, i honestly dont understand why you think i will pay for your service when paying $15 a month is barely any better than not paying at all. If this isnt changed i will write up a list of artists from your app, unsubscribe, and take my custom else where, id even take buying cd's over this, atleast its reliable. By the way you should sack the overly ambitious employee that sought to increase listening time by making your service worse, why did you even listen to them?

Jac74
Visitor

[Playlists] [Update] I'm very upset about this new update! Why I can't find those playlists DONE FOR YOU anymore? It was one of the things I most liked about Spotify and now everything is gone! I also can't understand why we could not hear an album in the sequence the songs were recorded in, but only in random mode. I'm really annoyed and I'm thinking about cancel my subscription.

Jemi
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-25

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Option-to-remove-individual-songs-from-save...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here