[All Platforms] Audio ducking control

I use Spotify a lot while gaming and using Discord (similar to Teamspeak or Skype). Whenever someone talks in Discord, the Spotify audio ducks (lowers) severely, making it very difficult to hear music at all. I have turned ducking off on Windows and Discord, but there doesn't seem to be a way to stop Spotify from automatically ducking when there is another notification/sound on the PC.

I think it would be great if Spotify had a setting to toggle ducking on/off.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-05-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Petetron

SPOTIFY PLEASE!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-05-21

Marked as new idea.

N22YF

I would love to see this feature on the Android app. I rarely use Spotify in favor of Poweramp, which does offer this feature (its "Short Audio Focus Change" option). Quite annoying to have the music volume lowering whenever I get a notification due to, e.g., a new email or navigation instructions. I can hear the navigation instructions perfectly fine over the music without volume ducking.

monicacb

Totally new to the forums; came here specifically trying to find out how to turn off auto-ducking in Windows desktop. Why does it say I cannot vote for this idea?

Edit: Posting this prompted me to create a username. Now I can vote. :)

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-05-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!