Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Block / disallow suggestions for certain content

The last 8 times I've opened Spotify I've been greeted by a big waiting Bible podcast recommendation sat there. I get the hint Spotify, but stop. It was cool the first time. It was boring the second. And it is in fact so annoying by the 8th time that I have to write this post to ask for this feature to be implemented.

I hope it's been made clear: I don't want to listen to the bible, much less on Spotify, and there is no way within the app to ask it to stop recommending me this, honestly, outrageously offensive content. I would very much appreciate this feature, thanks in advance. I'm sure the bible people would appreciate such a feature as well!

Updated on 2023-08-22

Hey there folks,

This suggestion got moved to the wrong place by mistake and we're setting it to live idea again. Thank you all for bringing your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
gelidaobscure

Please, please! You NEED to make it possible for the user of an account to turn off suggestions of (certain) podcasts and (certain) music!
I absolutely HATE true-crime podcasts and I would LOVE to be able to permanently turn suggestions for such content off!

I also would like to be able to turn off/block certain music suggestions that are simply OFFENSIVE to my musical tastes!
Please, please, Spotify, I know you can do it! Do it now! I know I'm not alone in this!
Thank you for your time!

Jacob
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2021-02-26

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Spotify,

This is evidently an issue, as there are multiple forum posts about this specific issue, and it isn't relegated to any one specific platform.

To say that this request only has 16 votes is completely disingenuous, and this request is knowingly NOT that difficult to implement. There are multiple platforms that allow home screen and media type curation, and your over-reliance on Podcasts to help fund your platform and in turn forcing them on your subscribers is really offensive. Especially if we can't remove the ridiculous recommendations, or the genre altogether.

Please stop forcing this on us. We pay for this service and should be allowed to curate what we do and don't want visible and if we'd rather not participate in using Podcasts completely.

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

BS501

I find it horribly frustrating that there is no way to remove or even move around the different suggestions on the Home screen.

I do not want to subscribe to or listen to the Spotify original podcast about daily horoscopes. Yet there is no way to remove it from my Home page, there is no way to drag and drop it to the bottom so I can avoid being reminded it's there, there is no way to even go into the podcast and say "I didn't enjoy this." or "I don't want other suggestions like this." The only options are "Follow" and "Share" both of which are completely the opposite of what I require.

Please let us delete unwanted podcasts, playlists, suggestions and other banners from our Home screens!

On a personal note I find it annoying and irresponsible that Spotify can justify a horoscopes podcast based on pseudo-science and superstition being plastered all over everyone's Home screens with no option to remove it, in an age where combatting damaging misinformation and the anti-science movements should be at the forefront of all social media platforms.

darrellzilla

Need a way to prevent Unwanted content from continually being pushed on me. Some artist i don't ever want to hear and I never want to listen to any pod casts, Yet I am forced to stare at the splash for all the things I never want to hear. and no way to prevent it from being recommended to me.

Helicoder

I'm getting tired of seeing podcasts such as 'Hail **bleep**' constantly being placed in my 'Shows to try' area.

Hilariously your own website censors the podcast title (hint : sounds close to Hail Satin), but you have no problem with forcing it on your users.

Feel free to keep that and similar podcasts available for people to listen to if desired, but let me flag it as something I don't want to ever see again.

Jan_Schrella

Yes, please let me hide podcasts, disable the section on my home page or at least mark abhorent podcast as "not interested, don't show me this **bleep**".

Never listened to a single podcast on Spotify and have no interest in it. But the worst are the podcasts being suggested. Like, I have a podcast by a far right Brazillian nazi-like "philosopher" suggested and another two with openly sexual connotation. wth.

grokjes

Please add this feature! I'm tired of being recommended podcasts from a known and proud bigot who demeans my community and promotes anti-vax talking points. 

YourHighyness

Spotify must add ability to remove recommendations (same system as youtube downvoting, which DISAPPEARS unwanted recommendations after thumbs down) within the player, both normal and web player. It is irritating to watch all these worthless recommendations which Spotify gives WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO DOWNVOTE THEM. 

Imagine a buffet where you HAD TO sample ALL the things that are on display, instead of CHOOSING your pleasures. Why would you treat your customers with such despise? WHY WOULD YOU TREAT US LIKE THIS SPOTIFY? 

GIVE US DOWNVOTE, FOR CHRISTS SAKE. WE KNOW YOU HAVE IT HIDDEN IN SOME DRAWER. TAKE IT OUT AND BE A MAN. DO THE RIGHT THING, FOR ONCE!