[All Platforms] Bring Back the "do not play/dislike" button

Please bring back the "do not play" option, I know this has been brought up before, and I found a post that Spotify closed that post because the said it was mentioned and handled already. Spotify redirected that posters post to an even older closed post, why?

So Spotify here me out before you close my post. My account was hacked a while ago from someone in Brazil, and when I got my account back, I had a bunch Portuguese musicians in my discovered weekly. So to fix that I spent days disliking songs, albums, and artists to stop the random music that I was not interested in. It worked, but occasionally I will still get recommends in my "Repeats" playlist. 

If you don't believe me check the link below, it goes from the posters question, which was posted 2019-06-21 03:02 PM, see photos below for previous idea submissons.  Here is the link as well Click here

In the post, Spotify redirects to that was posted on 2012-03-14 08:10 PM and closed in 2017.  In this post, Spotify says this, "After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to offer blocking/ hiding/ or blacklisting artists or tracks on Spotify at this time. Rest assured we’re working hard to improve suggested content, such as your Discover Weekly and Release Radar. Keep an eye on the idea “Add like or dislike button to personal discover weekly playlist” for more details around this."

Spotify obviously had in change of mind in 2017, because i was able to dislike any song in July and i think in August too.  So why the change back? And please dont redirect and close this to another closed post.

First.PNG
Second.PNG

Updated on 2019-10-07

Hey @bl8tr, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

If you take some time to listen through your Discover Weekly and filter through the songs using the below buttons, your Taste Profile should gradually begin to go back to normal.

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 12.05.58.png

If you'd like to instead completely erase your Taste Profile, you should add your votes and comments to this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Profile-Reset-Taste-Profile-History/idi-p/1283748

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help :)

Related Ideas

Comments
bl8tr
Casual Listener

Also, there is no way to "do no play" artist as well.  In the closed post, one workaround was to dislike an artist from thier page.  I just tried it and i cannot, my "Repeat/Rewind" playlist is full of music I dont care for.

ArykDriver
Casual Listener

Especially for premium users, this is frustrating to not easily be able to dislike songs/artists

I get it, spotify wants to be nice to the artists... but there are just some artists and songs we don't like or dont fit our tastes. Allowing us to dislike songs and artists easiser will allow for a better user listening experience.

BabsandMe
Visitor

Spotify, this is a problem with you. I'm a Premium member but you never recognise me. All I want is to add my voice to the request to let us Delete or ignore music we don't want. Please bring back the Do Not Play option. I download my favourite artist, and at the end of the tracks, you add an artist/song I don't want. Nothing personal against the artist .. I just want what I want, not what you want me to want!!!

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-10-07

Hey @bl8tr, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

If you take some time to listen through your Discover Weekly and filter through the songs using the below buttons, your Taste Profile should gradually begin to go back to normal.

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 12.05.58.png

If you'd like to instead completely erase your Taste Profile, you should add your votes and comments to this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Profile-Reset-Taste-Profile-History/idi-p/1283748

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help :)