[All Platforms][Browse] Saving a song should populate artist & album pages

Your most recent is extremely frustrating. Previously, the "Artists" and "Albums" pages showed me all of the artists & albums that I are related to songs I have saved to my library. My artists page is now blank and my albums page is missing all the albums related to individual songs that I have saved. Why would these pages be empty/ missing data related to the songs/ albums already saved to my library?

Common intuition would lead me to expect that whenever I save anything to my library, that data should populate all three main nav features simultaneously. These "features" should just be different segmentations of the data related to songs I've saved. If I save the song "Pills" by St. Vincent, I would expect see the song "Pills" appear in the "Songs" section, the album "MASSEDUCTION" appear in the Albums section, and "St. Vincent" to appear in the Artists section.

As it currently sits, the way you save and display data is extremely frustrating. Imagine that I'm listening to a radio station, or am listening to one of your "Made For You" playlists. While listening, I hear a song I like and choose to add it to my library. I remember the artist's name, but nothing else. When I go to search the 'Artists' page, they're not there. I now need to go into the songs section and select to filter by artist? That's insane. The mechanism by which I save a song or grouping of songs should not dicatate the main navigation/ segmentation of your platform.

Also, using the "Following" feature to populate the Artists tab is asinine. If I've saved a song or album to my library, you should assume that I want to follow them. If I don't, force me to Unfollow them. At least that way I have all the artists I listen to filling up the artists page by default.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.41.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.41.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.41.33 PM.png

Updated on 2019-07-17

Hey @cmoney417,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We recently changed the way Your Library looks and the way that music is saved in Spotify.

We're closing your idea because there are already several ideas which have been suggested by users which are related to your suggestions:

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

Comments
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-17

Hey @cmoney417,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We recently changed the way Your Library looks and the way that music is saved in Spotify.

We're closing your idea because there are already several ideas which have been suggested by users which are related to your suggestions:

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)