Announcements

[All Platforms][Browse] Spotify Customer Analysed notifications and Alarms

My idea to improve Spotify for customers would be to make it more intuitive in a precise way. Music is something that helps people in various ways throughout the day. But the right music at the right instant could do wonders for the customers in the community. My idea comprises many fragments and I will explain them one by one.

First, I would like  to hit on how to give the right music at the right time for the customer. I would suggest collaborating with Google for instance to understand his/her You-tube music videos watch history on a daily basis to understand what songs and artists is he/she keen on listening to, now our app should be able to know when he's/she's in motion for example: walking, outdoors, working out etc.(probably through GPS) and then give a notification of the music that for example: he/she could listen to based on his/her overall history like how Spotify Wrapped works but in a more gullible weekly analysis sort of way, a new song or album that he/she listened to earlier that day, understanding his/her favorite artists and only giving the right notification would give that much more chances that he/she will click on it and listen to it. The idea here is to stay as relevant as possible and not dish out too many unwanted notifications, I mentioned outdoors specifically to insinuate he will definitely not have the premises to open a you-tube video while in motion instead using Spotify would be a much more smarter option.

Secondly, I would like to suggest  Spotify Alarms and as odd as it may sound it still strikes the right chord to me and I feel this is definitely worth trying out. Reason being most of the people tend to set their own favorite tune/song apart from the one the phone already provides so that they can wake up to what they like and in this process they tend to download the mp3 from an online source and these people can potentially be our customers instead where they can use our app to set the alarms and wake up to the music they like. And in terms of streaming time, this is a win-win for the company as in all the heavy sleepers tend to take more time to wake up or buzz off the alarm so in an indirect way they are streaming more music which is something I'd see as an opportunity since Alarms have been mundane as they have been since the inception of phones where you just set one on your phone in a very trivial manner. Instead like my first idea when we try to understand our customers more and their likings we can suggest a notification every night before the next day on what music they'd like to wake up to the next morning. Spotify already has a Sleep timer option which means they are already in the domain of making sure we have a proper sleep, why not propel this into the next morning too, even speaking in a general way waking up to your favorite music will have a positive effect on the person before beginning his day. I have done a concise research to understand 5 mins of music per day especially in the morning can benefit the customer to kickstart the day with all the energy and enthusiasm.

I'd like to sum up these two ideas with the first one being my core interest where we can serve the customer in a very resourceful manner whereas the second idea is a sidekick where I feel this tiny but simplistic idea can be helpful to many.

Updated on 2021-01-18

Hey @Niranjan1,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 2: One change request per Idea.

Similar ideas have already been suggested - feel free to add your vote to them below:

There is already an option to set Spotify for your alarm on Android - take a look here for more info.

Feel free to submit your idea again, making sure that it adheres to the above guidelines.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Comments
Niranjan1
Casual Listener

Thanks for checking this out in advance, please let me know what you think about it if possible. Cheers!

Elena
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-01-18

Hey @Niranjan1,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 2: One change request per Idea.

Similar ideas have already been suggested - feel free to add your vote to them below:

There is already an option to set Spotify for your alarm on Android - take a look here for more info.

Feel free to submit your idea again, making sure that it adheres to the above guidelines.

Cheers!

Related Ideas