[All Platforms][Browse] US Top 50 Chart list is "broken"

The US Top 50 chart playlist has Drake on 20 of 50 songs, yet Billboard Hot 100 has him in only 5 of the top 50.

I didn't browse to the US chart to listen to Drake exclusively, and you are so far off from Billboard that something is wrong here.  How are you deriving your stats that drives your top 50 list?

It's horrible.  Why would I pay money for Premium again just to have you shove a single artist in my face?  I'm on shuffle play and with my luck (beating the already heavy 40% odds), almost every song was a Drake song as I kept clicking the skip button.

Thanks kindly, appreciate your service otherwise.  Have a good weekend.

Details:

#1 One Dance

#3 Pop Style

#4 Controlla

#8 Too Good

#11 Hype

#13 Grammys

#15 Work

#16 Still Here

#17 With You

#22 Childs Play

#25 Feel No Ways

#26 9

#35 U With Me?

#37 Jumpman

#39 Hotline Bling

#43 Weston Road Flows

#44 Drake

#45 Keep The Family Close

#49 Fire & Desire

#50 Faithful

Updated: 2016-05-20

Hi @natalec and thanks for your feedback! The Billboard Hot 100 is based on radio impressions, whereas the Spotify Top Charts are strictly based on the past week's streams on Spotify itself. In this case, Drake is very popular in the USA with Spotify users right now, so this figure is accurate. 🙂 You can compare Spotify's Top Charts with Billboard's Streaming charts, which look pretty similar.

If you want to follow the Billboard Hot 100 on Spotify, here's a link to it:

https://open.spotify.com/user/billboard.com/playlist/6UeSakyzhiEt4NB3UAd6NQ

0 Likes
Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed
Updated: 2016-05-20

Hi @natalec and thanks for your feedback! The Billboard Hot 100 is based on radio impressions, whereas the Spotify Top Charts are strictly based on the past week's streams on Spotify itself. In this case, Drake is very popular in the USA with Spotify users right now, so this figure is accurate. 🙂 You can compare Spotify's Top Charts with Billboard's Streaming charts, which look pretty similar.

If you want to follow the Billboard Hot 100 on Spotify, here's a link to it:

https://open.spotify.com/user/billboard.com/playlist/6UeSakyzhiEt4NB3UAd6NQ