Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Cloud Files

Today we have 'Local files' that allow us to include, well, local files in our playlists etc. And this works well on my local machine. But as I have a home machine, work machine, my phone and my wife's phone these files are not available across them all. So I would love to see a 'Cloud files' feature. 

Cloud files would allow me to upload/sync my local music online (either to Spotifys own servers or using a 'hook' to Apple/Google/others) and then those files would be equaled to music provided by Spotify.

I would clearly pay extra for this option (30 NOK pr. month?). 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
synocure

I keep obsessively checking this page to see if things have changed. Folks have been asking for this feature for literally 6 years. I'm currently on Apple Music and the lack of cloud storage is literally the ONLY thing keeping me from using Spotify. A lot of my music is obscure, local, or international, and they are not available on any streaming services. AM lets me upload them to listen anywhere, GPM the same. Why isn't Spotify on this boat yet?

BevansDesign

Spotify, you really need to add this feature. You're going to have more and more refugees from GPM coming here to escape the horror of YTM.

I don't need to be able to share my uploads with other people, just myself. And if a song I upload already exists in your library, remove it. But I have some rare and/or local music that I want to listen to that isn't available on any service.

Don't make us mess around with "local" files. Just make it easy. I'll jump ship and subscribe if you do.

ecbutler

I canceled my Premium service to try Google Play Music, which lets me upload my entire library. I can stream my songs from any device without having to have them on that device. Also, I can explore other music without having to use another music service. Don't even have to pay extra for it. I truly hope Spotify allows us to connect to our cloud services in the future. I would like to come back to Spotify

samaritan256

This would be super useful. 
right now i have to resort to putting mp3 files on USB and carring it with me everywhere 😞

MaxBox

900 votes, still marked "Not right now"

😕

ecbutler
Yep... That's why I switched to Google Play Music
chandwki
Except Google play sucks because you can't share and collaborate playlists.
Spotify please do something useful for your customers for once and
implement cloud storage!
ecbutler
Well, true. There are many things Spotify is better at, but I gave those up because my library has stuff Spotify and Google don’t have. I would love to come back to Spotify, but until I can link and stream my library, I’ll be ok without those collaborative features.
dinkydarko

Is this ever going to be a thing on Spotify? I'd love to leave Google Play Music, but so far only them and Deezer offer this. I'm tempted by Deezer but I'd prefer Spotify..

Staff
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-01-02

Hi everyone,

As this idea has been 'Not Right Now' for a while, we'll be setting it to 'Case Closed'.

Rest assured if we have any new information to share, we'll be back to provide an update.