[All Platforms][Connect] Be able to delete/remove devices that are not used

There should be an option to customize the devices that are available to play. Delete at least those that we don't want.

I currently have multiple devices at home that support Google Cast and Spotify Connect but only use a few of them. It is very annoying to have to search for the device I want in a list full of devices that I will not use. Obviously I want those devices to remain connected to my network.

It is also annoying that devices such as my PlayStation 4 appear in this list. I have logged out. Unlinked my Spotify and PlayStation accounts. I have completely formatted my PlayStation. I have cleared the cache and reinstalled Spotify on mobile. Still, it continues to appear as a device available in gray even if I can't use it.

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
Petya
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-04-13

Hi @pikatoste,

Thanks for submitting your idea in the Community!

We're marking this as a new idea that users can add their votes to. We've changed the title a bit to make it more clear.

For more info on how to get an idea submission approved as an idea, refer to the guidelines here.

Buxtonbernie
Visitor

ji I cannot remove my old ps3 off my list so I cannot add my new ps4 not happy 😒 

Tried removing via your email that you sent me

Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.