[All Platforms][Connect] Make Podcasts playable on audio-only players/home speaker systems

Podcasts are currently not playable on audio-only players/home speaker system (e.g., Nuvo) on Spotify Connect because they are considered "MIXED MEDIA" (meaning "audio and video"). The Spotify App grays out the device with a message "can't play this right now." Music, however, can be played with no problem. 

Podcasts should not be considered "mixed media." This is a erroneous/inaccurate categorization.  By definition, a podcast is "a digital AUDIO file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or mobile device, typically available as a series, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically." Therefore, they should be made playable on these devices.

Spotify is my go to for all audio content (music and podcasts) and use it extensively at home to play music on my Nuvo home speaker system. It was quite the disappointment to learn that I cannot listen to podcasts through Spotify. One would imagine that these files would be readily available by default.

Updated on 2018-07-22

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

This sounds more like an issue that's worth investigating.
Could you please search for that issue in the respective help section and provide more info about the issue. If it doesn't exist you can create a new topic and let us know about it! Then we can check it out there.

Thanks! ;)

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-07-22

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

This sounds more like an issue that's worth investigating.
Could you please search for that issue in the respective help section and provide more info about the issue. If it doesn't exist you can create a new topic and let us know about it! Then we can check it out there.

Thanks! ;)