[All Platforms][Connect] Someone logged into my account

So i just realized someone had logged into my account and was playing Thai music. Seeing how I am in NY and don't understand the language I found it strange. I notice someone had added a desktop device to my account and has been switching my music when i play it before i go to sleep. I would wake up to random music which made me think something was wrong with the software. You guys should have the software notify us when there is a new device or if someone has logged into out account in another state or country other than the one we live in. I didn't upgrade my spotify to have other random people to take advantage of my account. 

Updated on 2019-01-11

Hey @urbndesignz

Be sure to check this Support article.

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.

Hope it helps. :)

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-01-11

Hey @urbndesignz

Be sure to check this Support article.

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.

Hope it helps. :)