[All Platforms][Connect] Spotify account no longer attached to Facebook

It is quite annoying having your Spotify account attached to a third party app called Facebook.

Facebook is a social media that people are gradually discontinuing its usage and I believe, like me, many Spotify accounts were created using this app.

What I feel really displeased is the fact that I decided to discontinue using Facebook and I've lost my name account and got attributed an ID (in my case 1180420225). The fun part is I'm posting this "idea" as "DevanNC" which is my community name and this could be associated to my Spotify user.

I guess Spotify uses your Facebook name to mask your ID and when this connection is broken, Spotify automatically assumes your ID as your default name.

I've been suggested by the Spotify staff to create a new account where they migrate my data including my followers, playlist, etc but not my history. Well, I've been using this Spotify account since 2012 and I've created a solid background of history in music which generates the algoritm for Spotify created playlists (such as Discover, Release Radar, etc) the way I like it.

On top of that, I run a family membership (with 5 family members) as well as an artist account and all this has to be migrated.

My suggestion is: once you disconnect your Spotify account to Facebook, an option to "mask" your ID with a name should be given the same way your ID is masked with your Facebook name.

Updated on 2019-09-27

Hey @DevanNC 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Facebook-Remove-Facebook-from-a-Facebook-created-Account...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-09-27

Hey @DevanNC 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Facebook-Remove-Facebook-from-a-Facebook-created-Account...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)