Announcements

[All Platforms] DLNA Support

I would be so great to have DLNA support in Spotify, both in the desktop and mobile versions.

There should be a simple "Play To" feature so music can be played on the living room stereo and controlled from a mobile device without the use of a combination of desktop computer, JamCast, 2Player, WD TV live box ect.

It could be combined with AirPlay support, but I'm using a Windows/Android setup myself.

Hope people (and Spotify) will support this feature soon - it would really take Spotify to the next level at home!

Updated on 2017-11-02

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

We don’t have any plans to implement DLNA support in Spotify. Instead, we’re going to develop and improve our current Spotify Connect feature, which allows you to play Spotify through your speakers, laptop, or TV using the Spotify app as a remote. For more information, check out Spotify Connect.

For this reason we’re going to mark this idea as ‘Case Closed’ We really appreciate your feedback on this.

Comments
Agree. This is a major issue. There is good reason why railroads standardized the gage of tracks. DLNA capability should be obvious. If someone at Spotify is monitoring this thread, it would be nice to hear an explanation to paying customers.

Please add DLNA supprot!

+1

Spotify services need to be able to stream Music with a protocol compatible with DNLA or Miracast.

Please I want to stream spotify to my dlna receiver!

Please I have an LG smart TV in Turkey. Spotify app is not available in the TV store. So the only option for me is to cast using dlna from my phone. Ps cromcast is not available in Turkey as well and even if it is I don't think that I have to pay more just to cast my songs I am already a paying customer for Spotify. Thanks a lot

Up !

Why Airplay and no DLNA/UpnP :'( ?

+1

I desperately need DLNA support (and my brother too).

+1

I use Spotify on Roku, and it mostly sucks. If anyone compared it to *Rhapsody's Roku app, you'd be floored. That being said, DLNA support would solve all those issue, including the ability to stream at 320k to my home theater.

Spotify Roku app is so limited, it comes across as a useless layer to listening to Spotify on my home theater with reference level speakers. Sadly, there is no other way to get Spotify to my home theater short of spending $2,000 on a home theater PC that's built for listening to audio. HTPC is on my bucket list, but keeps getting pushed to the bottom.

*Rhapsody was persistantly plagued with technical issues, and after several years of being a loyal customer, I finally got tired of it. /sad. I haven't kept up with Rhapsody in years, so I have no idea if they ever got their act together.