Announcements

[All Platforms] DLNA Support

I would be so great to have DLNA support in Spotify, both in the desktop and mobile versions.

There should be a simple "Play To" feature so music can be played on the living room stereo and controlled from a mobile device without the use of a combination of desktop computer, JamCast, 2Player, WD TV live box ect.

It could be combined with AirPlay support, but I'm using a Windows/Android setup myself.

Hope people (and Spotify) will support this feature soon - it would really take Spotify to the next level at home!

Updated on 2017-11-02

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

We don’t have any plans to implement DLNA support in Spotify. Instead, we’re going to develop and improve our current Spotify Connect feature, which allows you to play Spotify through your speakers, laptop, or TV using the Spotify app as a remote. For more information, check out Spotify Connect.

For this reason we’re going to mark this idea as ‘Case Closed’ We really appreciate your feedback on this.

Comments

Please Add DNLA support!

Why isn't this feature already implemented? All respectable programs have it.

Install jamcast for windows it allons to stream Abu source to dnla
Just discovered jamcast, it allows You to use dlna device as a virtual soundcard, so it basically make spotify(or any others app) for windows dlna compatible.

HI guys, for those of  you using Jamcast - where did you find the Spotify .key file? I can't find a .key file anywhere !?!?!

+1 dlna support or play to function
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-12-09

Hey folks, we wanted to update this idea as it hasn't had a staff comment in a while. We still don't have plans to implement DLNA support in Spotify. 

For info on how you can play Spotify through your speakers, laptop or TV using the Spotify app as a remote, visit the Spotify Connect site here. Of course we'll update this thread if we have any other news for you all. 

Sad news.

This is a request since 2012. I'm really thinking on cancel my suscription, beacuse of this.

I want a smart home and with all my device conected without troubles.

The only feature missing is that DLNA/Upnp Stream to ! I have recently bought a Pure Jongo S3X speaker and i have succesfully streamed over wifi some audio from my laptop with eezUpnp software or from my mobile with bubbleUpnp but not directly from spotify (only with bluetooth outside of spotify) !

So, Upnp feature is the only feature missing for the desktop and mobile spotify app that will permit to stream to a large set of speakers (sonos, pure, ...)

If Spotify decided to ignore the (DLNA) industry standard and rather force us to use its own niche version (Connect) - then the best way seems to be voting with your  feet (i.e. wallet). I am cancelling my premium subscription for this reason alone.