[All Platforms] DLNA Support

I would be so great to have DLNA support in Spotify, both in the desktop and mobile versions.

There should be a simple "Play To" feature so music can be played on the living room stereo and controlled from a mobile device without the use of a combination of desktop computer, JamCast, 2Player, WD TV live box ect.

It could be combined with AirPlay support, but I'm using a Windows/Android setup myself.

Hope people (and Spotify) will support this feature soon - it would really take Spotify to the next level at home!

Updated on 2017-11-02

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

We don’t have any plans to implement DLNA support in Spotify. Instead, we’re going to develop and improve our current Spotify Connect feature, which allows you to play Spotify through your speakers, laptop, or TV using the Spotify app as a remote. For more information, check out Spotify Connect.

For this reason we’re going to mark this idea as ‘Case Closed’ We really appreciate your feedback on this.

Comments

Hello,

I tested and achieved to stream Spotify musics to my wifi DLNA amp with this freeware: Stream What You Hear (windows)

Spotify played with 2 seconds delay on my home stereo system, but the sound is darn good.

Now dear Spotify, could you implement this basic feature to your next release please. Like Airplay, but for the few other people 😉

swyh.jpg

I cancelled my premium spotify membership.  Email me when you have DLNA support and I'll sign back up, in the meantime I'll search for a music service that offers DLNA.

Cancelling my Premium membership over this too. DLNA is how I listen to my music - if Spotify can't meet my needs then I'll use a service that will.

Is there any technical raison for this missing ? I can't understand that dlna isn't support yet.
Music Fan

Very good idea !!!!!!!!

Sorry, for me the lack of DLNA disqualify Spotify. I will choose iTunes.

Spotify without DLNA. No thanks!

No idea why this isn't supported yet but it only makes sense to support this. Sure you can run an app on the side and arrange for some other way to shift listening elsewhere but that just guarantees an inferior experience (on the other hand iTunes w/ apple tv works just fine).

Not a sign of interest from Spotify since start of this post in February 2012! We all are neglected so much. I want this DLNA connection too for being able to produce good sound with my dlna capable equipment.

Adding DNLA-compatibilty to Spotify would convince me to go premium, and not any sooner than that...