[All Platforms] DLNA Support

I would be so great to have DLNA support in Spotify, both in the desktop and mobile versions.

There should be a simple "Play To" feature so music can be played on the living room stereo and controlled from a mobile device without the use of a combination of desktop computer, JamCast, 2Player, WD TV live box ect.

It could be combined with AirPlay support, but I'm using a Windows/Android setup myself.

Hope people (and Spotify) will support this feature soon - it would really take Spotify to the next level at home!

Updated on 2017-11-02

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

We don’t have any plans to implement DLNA support in Spotify. Instead, we’re going to develop and improve our current Spotify Connect feature, which allows you to play Spotify through your speakers, laptop, or TV using the Spotify app as a remote. For more information, check out Spotify Connect.

For this reason we’re going to mark this idea as ‘Case Closed’ We really appreciate your feedback on this.

Comments

I just installed spotify on my laptop and created a playlist with some of my favorite hots. I reall like to buy wireless speakers and have this music play on the speakers in my backyard. I dont know where to go from here. I have seen speakers at shops and they say you can paly over wifi but I dont know how. Do I need to download them to my pc first and then what. I will really appreciate help naushi@naushi.com or 602-526-7046 

Casual Listener

We are really missing DLNA feature. Many devices like hometheaters wont let you install Spotify app on them, and I just want to play Spotify songs on them from any mobile phone. Almost all hometheaters and Smart TVs support DLNA.  Please add this feature ASAP!!!

You just remove the my samsung Home Theater compatibility, with the result that I can not listen in this device anymore, the least you can do is provide this functionality.