[All Platforms][Discover] A dynamic playlist, updated with new tracks released by followed artists

I'm an active seeker of new music. I often chose to follow the artist I discover because I want to hear more of them. And probably because I'm a musical hoarder.

At this point, it is not intuitive enough to manage, sort and get an overview of the artists I follow, that could be a lot better and a powerful future tool. Just imagine getting a descending list of the most frequent similar artists to the artists I follow.

Until then, it would be so very lovely to have a dynamic playlist that automatically updates with all new tracks when released by the artists you follow.

I appreciate the "Release Radar" concept and Spotify makes my Fridays sometimes brighter when the list is packed with new exciting releases.

I understand that it might be a question of space, but that is manageable with a limiting choice or even an extra cost.

Updated on 2020-01-28

A similar idea has already been suggested here - make sure to add your vote to it!

More info on how the Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Hey @jonerikragnar,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

Could you explain how your idea is different from the already-existing Release Radar playlist?

Thanks - keep us posted 🙂

jonerikragnar
Casual Listener

Thanks for showing interest in my idea.

I'll do my best to explain the difference between my proposal and the already existing Release Radar playlist.

Release Radar is a playlist generated by Spotify, updated once a week(midnight Thur/Fri). I guess this playlist offers a semi-fixed amount of new or newish tracks from artists relevant to the user based on metrics, filters and algorithms.

In short:
• Selection defined by Spotify
• Updated only once a week
• A semi-fixed amount of tracks
• New but not just new tracks

My proposal, the dynamic playlist, is not in the same sense a list defined and generated by Spotify. This playlist's content is to 100 percent filled with tracks from the artist that the user has actively chosen to follow. The primary feature of the playlist is that it gets automatically updated at the exact time all new tracks by followed artists are made available at Spotify.

In short:
• The list only features new tracks from the artists that the user has chosen to follow.
• The playlist gets updated automatically at the exact time when new tracks are made available/released.
• Let the user keep track of new music and the artists all the time not just once a week.

Hey @jonerikragnar,

Thanks for clarifying your idea for us 🙂

It turns out that there's already a popular idea which suggests something very similar to your idea. Its status is currently set to 'Not Right Now', but we're still gathering user feedback on this. Feel free to head over to the idea, add your vote to it and leave a comment with any further suggestions you have.

We'll go ahead and close this idea as a duplicate.

Cheers!

Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-01-28

A similar idea has already been suggested here - make sure to add your vote to it!

More info on how the Idea Exchange works can be found here.