[All Platforms][Discover] Add ability to super-like songs which come at right time

Hi all

This is an idea I've been wanting for a while - it might be specific to me and not applicable as a feature in general, but I'd like to hear your thoughts!

Currently, you give a thumb up/down for songs you like/dislike. However, not all songs are equal - sometimes you might shuffle your library and a particular, special song comes on at just the right time. It stops being background music, evokes strong feelings, draws your attention and makes you feel great. It's a function of the time of day, what you've been listening to, etc. You don't necessarily want to listen to it all day or even any more than other liked songs, but you do want to someone tell spotify "this song is a banger and came at just the right moment. If you could do that more often, that would be great"

So, the idea is that you can super-like an already-liked song by eg. long pressing the thumbs up button or something. Doing that means "everything came together for an amazing 3 minutes". Most your liked songs won't get super liked, and some will like super liked multiple times. Spotify then uses this information to give you more of that

I'm posting this now because today a feature prompted me to select my top 5 songs (for sharing purposes). I think that for super-like songs you shouldn't be made to sit down and choose them passively - you should only choose them when they surprise you in the moment. It's also not for social purposes. Anyway, when I saw the feature I was excited for a moment because I thought you'd had the same idea!

Alex

Updated on 2020-09-15

Hey @alknemeyer 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Discover-Super-Liking-a-song/idi-p/5032006

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-09-15

Hey @alknemeyer 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Discover-Super-Liking-a-song/idi-p/5032006

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂