[All Platforms][Discover] Album notes

These days that vinyl albums have made a return, I guess that so have album notes, i.e. a description or narrative, along with artist credits, published with the physical disc or CD. Could these be included in Spotify? 

This subject has not been brought up for about 5 years, but I wonder if, now, it would be technically easier to achieve.

I appreciate the album art, enjoy reading the artist biographies and I notice that individual track credits, though sparse, are now available. Perhaps it is time to take the accompanying narrative to the music a step further?

The sort of things typically covered, in addition to composition credits, are names of the individual musicians, song lyrics and additional writing by, or approved by, the artist. Extracts from the Dob Dylan album Desire attached.

20200423_043907.jpg
20200423_043839.jpg

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Comments
zelliman95

like they had in CD or Vinyl times (booklets, pictures and stories for specific albums and songs)

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Josenator_xD

Add a Description to the Albums, what they are about, and the artist's idea behind it.

Just like when we see a playlist and it has a description about what it is. Exactly the same, but on the albums.

It has happened to me several times that I have seen an Album, and I don't know if it is a concept album (and in what way), is it an album full of remastered songs, is it an album about what happened at a given moment...?

Anyway, explain what the album is about, what does the album mean?

for example, I understand (maybe I'm wrong), that the 1st album of NF (Mansion), is an album in which each song is a room in the Mansion in which expresses different facets of the artist.

A description explaining this 👆⬆ (For example)

or for example, in a different case, that simply explains that it is an album that is a remastering, (as for example I came across Groover Washington's last album and I didn't know if it was a re-release of a previous album but with all the tracks remastered or if it was a new album, for example).

or things like that.... add a description to the albums, to know what they are about.

Eithan

It would be cool if the artist/record company could add a little text to a song to explain something about the song or a story about the record of the lyrics for examples.