Announcements

[All Platforms][Discover] Discover Weekly Active Toggle Switch

Needless to say, I have been experiencing terrible Discover Weekly playlists the past couple weeks from binging on some classic 80s hits while working around the house and Christmas music throughout December. 

To solve this, I'm suggesting to introduce a new feature, which is to add an 'ON / OFF' active toggle switch on the Discover Weekly playlist or under the account dropdown.

ON

When the toggle switch is set to ON, all searches and plays will continue to be logged from activity of the user. 

OFF

When the toggle switch is set to OFF, all searches and plays are immediately ceased from being logged into the user's profile for future suggestions, and do not influence your Discover Weekly playlist. 

I'd like to suggest adding this feature onto a future roadmap of Spotify as I believe my user case is a good scenario that other users experience as well from a multitude of different life events and circumstances.

Keep 🤘 in 2021 Spotify!

Updated on 2021-01-30

Hey there @lkarma1,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Community!

This should already be possible with the Private Listening setting - you can read more about it here.

You can also check out this related idea, if you'd like to vote for an option to exclude selected playlists from your taste profile and discover suggestions.

Rock on🤘

0 Likes
Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2021-01-30

Hey there @lkarma1,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Community!

This should already be possible with the Private Listening setting - you can read more about it here.

You can also check out this related idea, if you'd like to vote for an option to exclude selected playlists from your taste profile and discover suggestions.

Rock on🤘