[All Platforms][Discover] Dislike Artists or Songs like you Like them.

You can tell the system the artists and songs you like, but telling the system you don't like artists is much less intuitive. I love Bryce Vine, so I press the like button. I know I don't like Cardi-B (Don't hate on me), so why can't I search her up and "dislike" her? I think this is a necessary feature to implement. You are selling a personalized music experience, and it is very annoying to get songs or artists in my auto-play I could very easily mark as not wanted. 

Thank you!

Updated on 2019-01-02

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
monksu

It's really weird that Spotify seems to decide year after year not to implement a block/dislike/ban feature at least to premium or family accounts who pay at least TEN euros a month to listen to music that they like or that they are undecided. When people bought physical copies of the music they either liked or even loved listening to, they usually didn't have copies of music from artists they disliked or even hated (unless they were in a profession that demanded them to have them).

Yes, I'm new with Spotify (made the account less two days ago and took the offer for 3 months for 0.99 €) but I might not stay as a client if people sitting on the money coffers keep deciding against the implementing a feature that even Youtube has. I searched for blocks, bans and dislikes seeing first suggestions for a feature in 2012. In thread [Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists has this reply:

After serious consideration, we ve decided not to offer blocking/ hiding/ or blacklisting artists or tracks on Spotify at this time. Rest assured we re working hard to improve suggested content, such as your Discover Weekly and Release Radar. Keep an eye on the idea  "Add like or dislike button to personal discover weekly playlist" for more details around this.

Why on Earth? You want to torture people who pay you more 100 euros yearly? Please, implement the feature FINALLY!

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-01-02

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke