[All Platforms][Discover] Exclude Artists & Playlists from Spotify Wrapped

There are certain playlists and artists I listen to frequently on Spotify for activities that aren't specifically just listening to music - I have a gym playlist that has generic instrumental rock, and I have a playlist with vocal exercises from Drill Music Studio.

Unfortunately due to the frequency of listening, these have appeared at the top of my end-of-year wrap-up playlists, and I will need to sort through and exclude these songs to find the songs I actually listened to for pleasure during the year.

Is there a way to exclude certain artists, songs or playlists from counting towards listening totals? I'd appreciate using this to ensure the Spotify Wrapped playlists have an accurate reflection of the songs and artists I discovered during the year, and what some of my favourite songs were.

This was first suggested by user maxjam on an earlier ticket (Spotify Wrapped Customization (4626570)), and I think it is worth bringing up again to review.

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-21

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

You might also want to add your support to this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Discover-Exclude-selected-Playlists-from-Taste-Profile-a...

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Gossamer1
Music Fan

I would love this! Last year I had a genre I was not really proud of showing up in my Wrapped, so I didn’t really want to share my Wrapped data because of that.

Sometimes I listen to music and I wanted that to be private to me and my friends who follow me on Spotify, but some of the fun of Spotify is using Wrapped and sharing.

I can’t just do a private session either, because I listen to a lot on Alexa and I’m told that that functionality is not supported their. 

itsViney

My Spotify Wrapped was completely dominated by the playlist I use daily for my toddler's bedtime, so it was utterly useless to me. 

Adding a checkbox to playlists that would exclude all songs on that list from being used for recommendations and Spotify Wrapped would be really helpful.

sofasurfa2000
Casual Listener

Today I checked my personal  seasonal song playlist for 2020 generated by spotify and found only a few real songs among lots of children’s radio play episodes my son listened to. I was very disappointed because I have greatly appreciated this feature in recent years. I would very much like only real songs to be included in personal seasonal playlists and no play episodes or podcasts.

katycat7

I use Spotify every night to listen to rain playlist as white noise for sleep. However, this means that my top songs and artists are always rain sound ones - so lame! I would love to be able to exclude them from my Wrapped and actually get to analyze the actual music I listened to

jesslcall

I would love this. I listen to thunder sounds for sleep every night  and it completely messed up my Wrapped. I’d go as far to suggest that there should be an option on each playlist in the settings that specifically gives us the option to not have this music added to our unique algorithm period. I’ve had Spotify Premium for 10 years (I think? Idk it’s my longest relationship.) and this is very important to me. 

AlChupete
Regular

Please vote here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Discover-Exclude-Audiobooks-Podcasts-from-Discover-Playl...

This is the thread for the same topic with currently the most votes

Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.