[All Platforms][Discover] Exclude genre from recommendations like Discover Weekly

I want to exclude classical music completely from all of my recommended playlists such as Discover Weekly and radio stations. The reason for this is that Spotify will not include the entire piece - it includes 1 movement only because each movement is usually stored as 1 track. If it could include the entire work and know to always play the whole work rather than individual movements out of order, mixed up with other songs, that'd be awesome, but Spotify has made it pretty clear that they will NEVER implement this (not sure why, but fine), so I'd like to at least be able to exclude classical from all of the recommendation algorithms and manage it myself.

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-04-19

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

PatrickLausD

Totally sucks that Spotify does not care about this at all. Guess the only chance is if people spam this idea more?

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

jarnots

Spotify is continuously adding Rap in Release Radar and Discover Weekly playlists.

I have removed dozens of artists and songs but they still keep showing up. I am completely fed up with the platform trying to force me to listen to something I really dislike.

Please give users an option to opt-out of whole genre because your algorithm doesn't seem to understand genres and works against listeners.

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

NoMoreWhaleSounds

I have been having this problem for months - MONTHS. At first I tried listening to ambient in private mode, then offline mode, and now I've resorted to never using Spotify for my ambient vibes. I even removed Bose Soundtouch presets to my favorite playlists in a 'hail mary' attempt to not have my Monday morning's filled with Whale Sounds and meditation zen titles. I still try every week, hoping that the Whale Sounds have gone, but every week I am still disappointed in Spotify's Discover Weekly.