[All Platforms][Discover] Expand Discover Weekly's functionality

I love the Discover Weekly playlist, it's one of the ways I discover some artists I might never have listened to before, however it could definitely be improved with a couple easy fixes. 

The first fix I'd love to see is I've noticed some songs will appear from artists that I'm already following, and in some cases, exact songs that I've already listened to. That isn't discovery anymore, just a TBT to your past listening. 

The second isn't a fix, rather a feature that I'm unsure why it doesn't already exist. There's the option in the Discover Weekly playlist to remove a song that you don't like. I'd love to have an option to mark that an included song/artist was a good recommendation, either a thumbs up or something to that effect, in order to aid the machine learning process to give better recommendations in the future.

I'm unsure how the algorithm for discovery works, if it already tracks how many songs you listen to from one of the included artists, how quickly you skip others, whether it's basing the recommendations on similar wavelengths and bpms of songs you've already listened to in your library. With the change from old school adjustable radios to the preset playlists, Discover Weekly is my last vestige on Spotify to find new music and would love to see this feature expanded and become smarter, or to be more involved with the process!

Updated on 2019-11-05

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, with one idea per thread again in the Idea Submissions board.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-11-05

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, with one idea per thread again in the Idea Submissions board.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here