Announcements

[All Platforms][Discover] Location based recommended

Currently discover weekly tracks all songs listened to and does not account for location, attitude, or preference for current situation.  So the change I'd like to see implemented is location based recommended songs/more distinct discover weekly playlists.  For example if you frequently go to x location and play x type of music the recommended for that location would be a unique Playlist.  If at the gym you can set location as "at gym" so recommended for that location only effects that location.  I don't like that my workout music effects my discover weekly but I would like a Playlist that is a "discover weekly" for my gym music.  Then give the user the option of breaking up discover weekly into as many segmented playlists as desired, or not. It could be opt in and your location doesn't need to be tracked by app, if it was a setting or very simple switch system for "at x location" kind of thing.  This would track music listened to at "x location" and recommend songs for "x location" and a separate one for y location etc. This could be used for at gym, in traffic, with SO or based off mood. If you are doing homework or as mentioned in the gym, you probably have unique music you listen to that you would like more of in that situation but it may be different than your general music taste.  This would give spotify even more of a lead in the unique music offered to individuals.  This would be separate than daily mixes, or could take over the role if preferred.  I would simply like to see more curated playlists for when I'm doing an activity and if I do that activity frequently it would be nice to have new music the next time im doing that activity.  

Updated on 2021-03-28

Hey @Eggtoeplasm 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2021-01-01

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

This sounds like a repost of this idea.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-28

Hey @Eggtoeplasm 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Related Ideas