[All Platforms][Discover] Option to order the "Appears On" section by date or popularity

Hi everybody. I recently noticed that the "Appears On" section that you see on an artist's profile is not ordered by date (year) anymore.

Now it looks like it's not organized at all but a moderator kindly replied me that is now ordered by popularity. Here's the question:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/Why-quot-Appears-On-quot-section-is-not-ordered-b...

So I was wondering if you could implement the option to order the artist's apparitions by year or popularity depends on how you wanna see it. Because I usually use that section to see my favorite artists's new releases.

I follow the playlist "Release Radar" where I see the new releases but there are sometimes that artists has more than one new release and I look at the "Appears On" to see if there are more releases that week.

It would be really cool to make that possible because the current order isn't that useful for me and I'm pretty sure that more people would like that.

I attached an image to explain myself a little better.

Regards!

p.d. If you liked the idea it would be great that you could share it with your friends to make it more popular and more likely to be implemented in the app!

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-28 at 7.14.31 AM.jpg

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
Petya
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-06-01

Hey there @Shaneboy,

Thanks for submitting your idea! 

It has been marked as a new one and others can now vote for it!

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify, click here.

AMS72
Casual Listener

Now I don't even have an "Appears On" section.  What's going on with this?

ebon_ibex
Gig Goer

Great idea! That is if Spotify ever decides to reinstate the "Appears On" section. 😠

gBasgaard
Music Fan

K we're taking baby steps! Very good Spotify! Now use some brain cells and put it in chronological order! Is there no common sense at this company? It's baffling to me. How could you think having it sorted by popularity makes more sense than in chronological order, when singles and albums are set up chronologically? Why would the Appears On section get different rules. Goodness y'all are dense.

barrymougie
Casual Listener

Get this sorted correctly Spotify! Shouldn't be that big of an issue to fix and if for some reason your team personally think this is a better sorting method...you're wrong. Please fix ASAP.

Hajj
Visitor

Please fix this issue ffs! Who would ever think this was a good idea?

Now the "appears on" section is completely useless. Can you pls check your stats and realise that nobody is using this feature when it's recommending songs from 2013? 

I bet the decision to change it was made because of some economic reason (let's get more $$$!), but pls don't neglect customer satisfaction here!!

THIS FEATURE WAS GREAT AS IT WAS...

flavaphil

please change this back, I used to check for new music every week cause this was the best feature being in order. now I go weeks without checking for new music cause its a pain in the ass without it being in chronological order 

zendro
Visitor

Spotify going in the wrong direction :(. Finding new songs and follow up on the artist you do wanna get updated on is now a nightmare. Maybe there should be a section for the artist you follow? Where you can go in to this section and recieve updates on their last releases and "appears on". 

DHL322

Any update on this feature being brought back?! I think artists and users (more importantly) would appreciate having this returned. It allows for the artists fans to keep up with the latest tracks and any features they’ve been on. Please try and get this pushed through to the higher powers. Would be great.

kitfisto92

Why make a feature on your own app less useful and proceed to tell your customers to "vote" to fix it? And why do Spotify need to decide for us that we need to see the most "popular" release first? Personally when discovering a new artist, I prefer listening to an artist's work from the first release and chronologically to the newest one and that includes the "appears on" section of the artist page! Couldn't care less what's popular or not, that's not what music is about. Now it's just an annoying mess, trying to work out which release came before the next one. Your product was perfect before this change, please consider making it optional to sort by release date or popularity.

Related Ideas