[All Platforms][Discover] Removing Pop-Up Suggestions

I've been using Spotify four about five or six years, and while I really enjoy it, the interface is starting to feel more intrusive and less like my music library. On applications that were not subscription-based, such as Windows Media Player and iTunes, one did not receive suggestions popping up while scrolling through one's music. Now, I feel like I'm often receiving sudden pop-ups for musicians, usually ones that I don't listen to, while I'm browsing through my music. Even if it was a musician I like, I would not want this feature. It feels intrusive and more like I'm being sold something. I don't mind suggestions being there in the home menu. That gives me the option to look if I want without it being pushed on me. Pop-ups, however, are too aggressive.

Some might argue that the company needs to make a profit as well, and while that is true, I'm a premium member. I pay the monthly fee so that I don't have to listen to advertisements. While these pop-ups don't show up in between songs, and while they are instead sponsored by Spotify and not some other company, they are, at the end of the day, advertisements. They're meant to sway you in to listening to an artist. 

By removing pop-up suggestions, Spotify would be less intrusive and more like a personal music library. 

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
hjyz5y2_-e58
Casual Listener

Same. Don't care about your "Recommendation" thanks, give us the ability to turn these off. 

The HOME page, the BROWSE, page and the "Made for You" page is not enough? You have to pop up ads too? This isn't a recommendation. You have THREE places for that. Three. You don't need more Spotify.

Sadly we all know this will get ignored, until it costs them more than 56 million dollars. (what they paid for Parcast)

Screenshot_20210315-154001_Spotify.jpg

Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.