Announcements

[All Platforms] Equalizer Options Menu with custom EQ settings

PLEASE VOTE FOR a small number of equalizer settings that can be quickly switched on or off.

The equalizer in Spotify can transform playback quality, but it is not widely used by listeners. This suggests that many are missing out on enhanced sound quality, probably because the equalizer is hidden away. The ability to easily change equalizer settings to suit your speakers, headphones, or location (quiet room, outside, running, small speakers, train ...)

It would help if the equalizer was made more visible for users, perhaps with pre-set equalizer options, such as Rock, Jazz, Acoustic ...  Better still Spotify could use its own descriptors.  Everyone would see that there is an EQ option, and notice an improvement in sound playback quality and flexibility.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-12-24

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-12-31

Marked as a new idea 🙂

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

I like this idea and added my vote... What I would personally also like to see would be at least 3 custom EQ's that could be saved because say you use 2-3 headphones on a regular basis but don't want them EQ'd the same all the time, it's annoying to constantly have to manually EQ all the time. For instance, with my 2 main daily use headphones, I like my commuting true wireless Treblab X5s to have a little more bass but my workstation cabled Klipsch R6i's to have a little less bass... I have to fiddle with EQ often to consistently get them to sound as I like. 

As was suggested in one of the closed suggestions, it would be nice if you could have EQs for each type of speaker device to which you connect. Spotify already shows which Bluetooth device is connected, so it would enable the EQ you’ve configured for that speaker or headphone. Or how about an option to use your mobile device’s microphone to analyze the sound coming from your speakers and adjust the EQ automatically. Pioneer and other home receivers have this option. It wouldn’t work with headphones of course. For those you would just adjust it manually and it would save to that headphone’s profile.

+1 for ability to save custom EQ settings/profile. 

Customised EQ doesn’t appear to work without this as it seems to fall back to the preset profile that was previously enabled prior customisation whenever you first connect and play. To force enable your custom settings, you need to disable and reenable EQ in playback settings which is very annoying. 

Hi,

I used a special equalizer app on my Android to fullfill exactly this requirement. I had different presets for my car, headset, bluetooth speaker (also separate presets for different rooms). Since I've switched to streaming my music with Spotify the app isn't working any more.

It would be great to implement the feature to create and save different presets,

OR

build in a button to completely deactivate the equalizer in Spotify (for usage with third party equalizer apps).

Best regards

I agree that the EQ settings are a bit tenuous to access, however I think the main point is that we get the ability to save custom EQ settings. I have to adjust the EQ every time I plug in headphones, or listen from my desktop, or bluetooth to my car. Since my car has subwoofers, I have an extremely awkward EQ setting on my phone, and it's a pain to reset it if I customize the EQ for some other listening device. 

Edit: The problem with this idea, is that it has aged out so many times, so we always have to start from square one when OP reposts. If you strongly agree with this idea, then share it to your social media platforms and let's get some increased visibility on it. Hopefully spotify can't ignore it if we get 1k+ upvotes on this issue.

@soundcheckguy 

Visitor

I'm a premium user and cannot even access my equalizer and other sound options,  cannot figure out why

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-12-24

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!