Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Friend Feed] Show Podcasts on the Friend Activity feed

It would be great to have podcasts show up on the activity status/friend feed bar as they are a growing media form, and I use Spotify's podcast feature a lot now.

Updated on 2023-08-28

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and showing your support for this idea!

We're setting the status to Not Right Now, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. When we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.

Comments
DakaSky

I feel like this should only be a separate option - I listen to a lot of more personal podcasts that I dont want my friends knowing I'm listening to - whereas I dont care about my friends seeing what music I'm listening to. I dont want to have to go into a private session each time I want to listen to a podcast - there should be a separate tick box in settings for this option instead of it being default.

Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Harrymay

Agreed. And lately I've seen the omission of podcasts from the Friends Feed as a barrier to the anti-racist movement that Spotify has committed itself to. The 'Tuned In' section of the 'Black History is Now' hub clearly shows that Spotify sees the educational value of podcasts. And of course there are many other podcasts not included which serve the same purpose. So why limit the Friends Feed to music? Why not remove this barrier to the spread of these important resources?

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Yordan
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-08-28

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and showing your support for this idea!

We're setting the status to Not Right Now, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. When we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.

heddi

As somone recovering from an abusive relationship, I absolutely want what podcasts I listen to be private.

galileogalilei

Why not have a separate button for this? Like users can choose to share listening activities for music only, and can choose to share the same for podcast only. I would really an option for audiobooks too. 

maazpatel

I'd very much like a seperate button that enables or disables sharing the podcasts that you are listening/have listened to before with your followers 

celiajean

I’m glad that it’s currently not set to share—I assumed the opposite, which is what kept me from using Spotify for podcasts even though I use it for music—I’m only just now actually looking into it because Google Podcasts is shutting down, and I need to replace it. I absolutely do not want this setting to change unless it defaults to private and stays that way unless we select otherwise. I don’t want to have to remember to turn on a private session every time I’m curious and want to hear a different point of view. I don’t really feel like being hassled by self righteous busybodies convinced they’re entitled to police what people listen to “for the greater good” or whatever. Not too, too many people like that in my orbit, but nuisances sure do seem to punch above their weight. Lol.