[All Platforms] General Suggestions & Feedback

I have been with Spotify for quite some time now, and I have always been an avid user of the platform (which I prefer to some other competitors). Here are my suggestions which could help make the Spotify experience better for everyone, well... for me for sure at least! I am not sure if they have been raised/suggested already... 

1. It would be great if we could sort the playlists by date, artist, or album. It is a bit limited to be only able to search for keywords within the playlist, and it is extremely stressful to have to get to the bottom of the playlist once it reaches 200+ songs. I have playlists that have more than 500 songs, you'll understand it is not very practical to have to scroll down all the time to find the latest ones [MOBILE]
  2. In the playlist section, we can only search for full playlists... "duh"! But it would be nice if you could put a feature somewhere to be able to look for songs in all the playlists we have (both followed as well as created). Sometimes can think of the keywords of a song I am looking for but cannot type it in all the playlists I have to find it [MOBILE + DESKTOP]
  3. It would be cool to have a feature that allows me to choose which song I want next when I am searching for one specific song. For instance, if I search for "Wow." by Post Malone, unless I have songs in the queue, it will keep on playing the same song in a loop. I would like to be able to select if after any song searched like this I would like to a) continue with other songs from the same artist, album, etc., b) continue with the radio of the song c) continue with the songs that appear below the one I was looking for [MOBILE + DESKTOP]
  4. I wish there was a feature to play shuffle selecting multiple things, i.e. my whole library (all of the playlists + liked tracks, etc.), or just select some playlists I would like to shuffle from. I guess it would be a lot more fun compared to just shuffling one playlist at a time [MOBILE + DESKTOP]
  5. I like the feature with Genius where it tells us about the BTS of the song, but sometimes (or most of the times really) you just want to see the lyrics and sing to the song! I understand this feature would represent competition for Genius itself, but this means that every time a Spotify user wants to see the lyrics they have to google it and waste so much time looking for the good lyrics. Why does Apple already have this? If you want to keep the stories part, then do so... but maybe put like a switch or something so users can either see it or not. Maybe also a full-screen version for the desktop app (?) [MOBILE + DESKTOP] 

I would be more than happy to expand on these, but as of now these are all the things I have got to suggest and that would make my experience with Spotify waaaay better! 🙂 

Updated on 2020-01-16

Hey @laviu 

It's better to post each suggestion in it's separate thread. That way, users can vote on each one of your ideas.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
n46kakyez1k07
Visitor

Great ideas! Personally, I think the lyrics would be a good idea, but you're right, how would Genius survive?

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-01-16

Hey @laviu 

It's better to post each suggestion in it's separate thread. That way, users can vote on each one of your ideas.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂